Texas BBQ Sauce Recipe
The Real Texas BBQ sauce recipe consists of traditional variations of the same basic recipe, mostly served at home, or at local, low-key restaurants, the same way they once were served to locals in ranches and saloons.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 1 cup ketchup or pureed tomatoes. If using tomato paste, use ½ cup paste and ¼ cup water.
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coffee grounds (I use Moca Java)
- 2 cups chopped (white) onions
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup red hot chili peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP chili powder and 3 TBSP pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
First, mix the ground coffee, chili peppers, pepper flakes, salt, and sugar, and blend well.
Separately, mix the tomato paste with the other wet ingredients which are vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onions.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a sauce pan, and simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
Puree all the ingredients together, and then go back and simmer the mix again.
Allow for the sauce to thicken, or serve at room temperature.
Serving: 40g | Calories: 201kcal